Channel Business Development Manager
About Our client
Founded in 2010, they provides the B2B Commerce platform that helps manufacturers and distributors grow their business by making it easy for their customers to order the right products from them, in-person and online. Our client has a mobile sales order entry app that allows sales reps to write orders faster and gives them the product and customer information they need to have more strategic customer conversations. Our client is an omnichannel B2B eCommerce solution that complements field sales reps by giving buyers the convenience of 24x7 ordering and product education through a custom B2B eCommerce portal and B2B mobile commerce app.
The tremendous untapped market opportunity and impressive company traction has enabled our client to secure significant investment from leading venture capital firms including Emergence Capital Partners; early stage VC partner to the world’s best known SaaS business applications including Salesforce.com, Box, SuccessFactors and Steelbrick.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an ambitious Channel Business Development Manager to drive channel partner revenue and pipeline.
- Reports to Co-Founder
- Build the partnership portal from the ground up as well as create sales enablement resources and tools for ongoing support
- Engage with executive leadership regarding the strategic approach including: the types of partners to engage and building the roadmap plan to achieve the goals
- Act as a “hands on” business development professional to recruit and onboard the first partners
- This person will be part of a small recently created internal Ecosystem Group composed of a Product Manager and Implementations Engineer and the to be hired Partner Business Development Manager
- This person will own the partnership/channel function, so we are open to a Director level candidate as well
- We are targeting more the B2B E-commerce space vs ERP/CRM, but would look at both
- Strong understanding of Sales: how does the internal direct Sales Group function and how would they interact with Channel Sales
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Channel Business Development Manager will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to recruit, onboard, and manage the ongoing relationship with our select network of partners. You have a passion for the channel and its role in driving results including pipeline growth, greater lead velocity, shorter sales cycles and more revenue.
Key objectives for this mission critical position include: growth of lead volume, sales pipeline and revenue from the channel, and establishment of a world-class channel partner enablement and communication rhythm.
Grow Channel Revenue
Our clients channel partners fall into three main categories:
- ERP solution providers (OEMs): think direct relationships with Microsoft, Netsuite, SAP, Intuit etc;
- VARs, Systems Integrators and ISVs; usually close to the ERP ecosystem and see our client as a valuable addition to their portfolio of solutions; and
- Add-on partners; software companies that offer solutions which integrate to and are complementary to our client, and fill a customer need
- Build the client’s partner channel from the ground-up, meeting 2016 channel-derived revenue expectations, partnering closely with sales.
- Effectively sell the client’s value proposition and educate partners on their offerings. Excellent business development, negotiation and relationship management skills. Balance quantity and quality of partners in our network and effectively hold partners accountable to business results.
- Prepare annual and quarterly channel business development plans aligned with core marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute channel marketing campaign calendar and communication cadence, including webinars, events and email flows. Develop channel partner target lists and recruit channel partners to join the our clients Partner Program.
- Inform partner program design, fee and commission structure to align with our client business strategy.
Enable Partner Success
- Own partner portal experience including management of enablement content, certification and training including development of assets to support partner success. Tailor enablement activities to the needs of specific partner types.
- Manage operational aspects of partner channel lead flow to sales, deal tracking and commissions.
- Act as the “Voice of the Partner” to the client’s internal audiences including marketing, sales, customer success, product, and engineering.
- Own best practices, introduce and manage additional marketing technologies to drive performance and capabilities.
Analytics & Reporting
- Manage channel pipeline reporting and modeling to sales and marketing management, as well as commission tracking.
- Develop and manage to channel-marketing pipeline SLA, maintaining close sales accountability.
- Report on partner channel campaign ROI.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of business development or channel marketing experience in a rapidly growing software company (ERP, eCommerce or CRM products a plus), with ownership of marketing activities and communication.
- Proven track record of growing channel relationships and revenue, lead volume and partner numbers through marketing activities.
- Strong verbal (presentation) and written communications skills with experience presenting at partner events, in-person and online.
- Experience managing a CRM partner portal (preferably Salesforce) and with marketing automation software (preferably Marketo).
- Passionate, results driven, motivated, resourceful and creative problem solver and team player.
- Experience working against tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-growth environment keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy.
- Fluent in resale economics, incentive models and SaaS business metrics.
- Availability and willingness to travel to partner meetings and industry events as needed.