Director of Sales, Retail – Retail focused AI-based messaging Platform
As the Director of Sales for our client’s highest value vertical, Retail, you’ll be responsible for delivering a steady stream of new business and flagship logos to the organization. You will own the go to market strategy for all of our client’s products for Retail, including key targets, approach, sales support and other tactics. You will be adept at fostering relationships, has experience comfortably speaking to complex technology and relating it to business use cases, navigating complex organizations, uncovering decision makers, identifying compelling events and finally, guiding prospects from first meeting to close.
If you are highly motivated, energetic and seek the challenges & rewards of selling great technology, we would like to hear from you! This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly-growing (0-100 B2B customers in 2 years), fast-paced organization with stellar technology and a diverse, lean & mighty team. Our client’s cutting edge AI technology beat thousands of competitors to be part of the last Target Retail Accelerator with Techstars in 2018, and was also the first in-store AI ever launched, in partnership with IBM. This role reports directly to the SVP of Enterprise and Retail, based in New York City.
- Lead and implement retail strategy
- Identify companies and people who meet our client’s ideal customer profile – major omnichannel domestic retailers and brands. Any and all means should be explored and used – cold calling, LinkedIn, networking, email campaigns, etc.
- Source pipeline via direct outreach based on existing database as well as your own research.
- Perform deep-dive discovery calls with prospects to build rapport and identify pain points that the company’s product can help support and solve.
- Efficiently qualify prospects and close deals within 5 customer touchpoints or less.
- Independently manage a fully transparent sales process and accurately report status and next steps at each stage through Salesforce and team status meetings.
- Succinctly communicate product requirements to the technology team and ideate around new features where the market demands.
- Enterprise and/or Retail experience is a plus.
- BS/BA and 5+ years experience selling technology solutions, SaaS CRM, ERP, or other
- SaaS Enterprise solutions. Retail ecommerce software experience a plus!
- You will have no SDR/BDR team to support you; this is a unique hunt and kill position so you need to be able to create leads from your own prospecting efforts.
- Experience building a pipeline and qualifying and identifying deals that you can close.
- Results-driven and able to achieve/exceed monthly/quarterly/annual sales quotas.
- A Unique blend of “Hunter” and “Consultative Sales”
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with internal/external clients. Especially comfortable on the phone, and happy to handle objections
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to help an early-stage company grow; ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Well organized, go-getter mentality; energized by challenges and is relentless in approach
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org