General Manager – Content Security Anti Piracy
Our Client is launching a division specifically focused on video content security. This is one of four divisions focused on the commercialization of the the ability to index and virtualize the data within video files opens up a myriad of new security possibilities that our client believes to have the potential to transform monetization models for content owners and dramatically reduce global piracy.
Our Client believes that it can reduce the distribution requirements of complete video files, instead broadcasting un-interceptable virtual files. The indexing and virtualization opens up the possibility to apply security techniques used in other high value transmissions of data such as banking. These can include third party verification codes, adding trackable DNA within the video file, global tracking, auditing and management of specific video files.
- Senior sales executive of a current video security firm OR experience of working within major content owners as a security specialist.
- At least 5 years experience in the video security market at senior level.
- Software focused.
- Thorough understanding of video distribution and broadcasting methods.
- Thorough understanding of the ‘piracy market’ – its size, methods of piracy etc
- Software focused.
- Able to write and deliver the go to market plan.
- Proven history of building cross functional teams, including product management, deployment, client management and sales.
- Entrepreneurial flair with a self-starting approach.
- US focused.
- This role is commercially focused (i.e., compensation will be based on sales performance).
About our client
Our Client is a developer of disruptive video technology. Headquartered in Australia, with operations in the US and Europe, it seeks to apply its lead product — the Video Virtualization Engine — throughout the global digital video value chain to cut costs and boost revenues for enterprise customers.
The patented technology manages video files in a unique way that transforms many aspects of video content management and broadcasting. It does this by indexing and managing the data within the video file and broadcasting virtual files.
Although potentially applicable throughout the digital video value chain, our client is currently pursuing four multibillion-dollar industry segments.
The technology is patented and ready for market.