Global Head of Partnership Development – Gen Z platform
Our client connects relevant brands and services with a verified global student audience of 142m students in 32 countries, across every consumer touchpoint – creating lifetime brand loyalties. Awards include the Lloyds Digital Business of the Year (2015), a host of regional awards and 9th in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 (2016), a listing of the 100 fastest growing UK tech companies by revenue.Headquartered in Nottingham, the business also has international offices in London,New York and Sydney.
In the role of Global Head of Partnership Development, you are responsible for all partners on the network in all ten commercially active markets across Europe, North America and Australia plus a further nine where our client is live with a local language site. Quite simply this is one of the most pivotal roles in the global commercial organization.The partnership development teams globally are the interface to the partner portfolio,building deep direct relationships (there are no agency intermediaries), driving performance that can be north $100m a year in gross sales for some brands and upselling the full suite of our client’s products and services across all channels. Ensuring our partners win, and win big is at the heart of this role. The Global Head of Partnership Development is a mix of sales, operations, data,insights, optimizing partner performance, optimizing the company’s revenue performance, global multi-country pricing, revenue forecasting, matrix org design, hiring, product development, training and sales performance management. All at large global scale (the team today is approx. 30 people but will grow to 300+ over the coming few years).You will create a globally consistent approach to partnership development, ensuring they are monetizing all aspects of the network in a consistent way. You are responsible for all partner monetization and performance metrics, ensuring they are on target in each country and region and stepping in quickly if the company is falling behind. You will also build out a global account team layer (a direct reporting line) who will strategically run the network’s global partners such as Apple, Samsung, Nike, Missguided, ASOS, and Hotels.com. Finally, another important aspect of the role will be to bring new products and services to market through our on-the- ground partnership development teams, and play an active role in developing new ones. You are at the interface between the business and its global partnership base and that powerful vantage point will give rise to many exciting product and service offering ideas.
You are a highly experienced commercial leader, able to demonstrate you have successfully overseen a complex and fast moving partner base ideally for a large global platform.
You are also a highly experienced manager, with the ability to build and motivate teams, and instill the company’s dynamic, entrepreneurial culture. You will be reporting into the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Take full responsibility for the global portfolio of partners which is grossing over $2.5B of transaction value
- Own and evolve the set of Global Standards creating consistent process, employee performance management and approach to managing partners across the world
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders such as GM US and APAC, Regional Heads of Commercial and the Global Head of Partner Acquisition to improve and accelerate performance (internal and external)
- Ensure our client only hire world class talent and have optimum headcount in every region at all times, flagging where there are issues
- Ensure we always have the optimal org structure and design
- Ensure all teams are well organized, understand and follow process, and are well trained
- Related to the above, own and develop the account development training and onboarding program
- Own the CRM (Salesforce) from an account development perspective working closely with the Global Head of Commercial Operations
- Own and evolve the annual account plans
- Oversee all campaign activity globally and ensure we are monetizing each campaign consistently and optimally
- Ensure all teams are skilled in upselling all products and services
- Ensure an optimum and consistent monetization approach for all onsite and data assets
- Ensure all team members have the very best sales / pitch decks and sales assets and that these materials are consistent globally (working with the Global Head of B2B)
- Maintain a highly communicative approach ensuring changes to process or approach are well considered, and well communicated
- Build the optimum internal pipeline meeting + one on one meeting cadence that is followed globally
- Own the global partner development incentive program
- Develop and own the pricing approach for brands wanting to launch into new territories
- Provide strong leadership with high integrity
- Oversee all hiring in the account development team globally
- Ensure that our client’s unique culture is fusing through the veins of every regional team member
- Be skilled in managing multiple languages with all the operational complexity this brings
- Take new products and services to market globally
- Contribute to the development of the existing slate of new products and services
- Create new products and services
- A willingness to do whatever is needed as part of a fast growing team, from little details to the big picture.
- The desire and ambition to build something of true scale – our client has the business model to allow the creation of a $1b company with 50% + EBITDA margin within 4 years
- Experience of scaling large global teams (100+)
- Deep rooted understanding of digital technology, affiliate, e-commerce, online advertising, O2O, SAAS, enterprise sales.
- A love of deal-making and commercials execution
- Highly process orientated
- A willingness for international travel and sometimes unsociable hours
- Inspiring, respected
- Experience and love of data, and you enjoy finding powerful stories from the numbers you analyze.
- An understanding of retail and the convergence of offline and online a strong plus.
- Naturally curious person – you love to understand how businesses are run, and how things work in the world around you. You love to learn.
- Strong desire to coach, mentor, and train.
- Impeccable communication, written and presentations skills.
- A ”jump through walls” mentality to getting things done.
- Degree educated or equivalent
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to email@example.com