Senior Account Executive, Retail: Upstart payments platform
The Senior Account Executive position is an essential, strategic component of the sales team. The AE will be responsible for driving new merchant partnerships from prospecting to close.
Things you’ll do:
- Drive new client acquisition, revenue and market share in a defined territory or vertical
- Review and understand client needs for financing. Craft consultative solutions to meet client goals
- Develop and succeed against a detailed territory plan
- Drive new business via new lead development
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Understand and be able to clearly communicate Bread’s solutions, valuepropositionand competitive advantages
- Possesses strong technology skills with the ability to give credible technical demonstrations along with product, marketing, and account management colleagues.
- Travel 2 – 4 times/month.
- Close six and seven-figure deals. Work autonomously to close deals.
- Contribute to Bread’s overall go-to-market strategy and direction
- Have or develop keen understanding of e-commerce landscape, tools, technologies and optimization strategies
- Existing executive level relationships within the e-commerce/retail/marketing field a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years of selling experience
- Proven experience selling into clientsconsultatively, managing 3-6 month, complex sales cycles
- Experience partnering with e-commerce merchants. Strong knowledge and interest in retail, e-commerce, technology and start-ups
- Comfortable working in a small company culture, and comfortable creating processes on the fly
- Excellent communication skills, a thirst for knowledge and highly detail oriented
- Desire to take on greater responsibility and contribute to Bread’s overall goals
- Driven to succeed, exceed goals and be able to work both independently and with the team to build your book of business