SVP of North American Sales – Robotic Process Automation
Our client is an exciting start-up technology business operating in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) space – automation through software robotics. According to the 2016 World Economic Forum in Davos, the world is on the verge of a fourth industrial revolution – the age of robotics and artificial intelligence. The company is an internationally HQd business who are at the forefront of bringing this revolution to reality, helping organisations across the globe deploy their technology to support new ways of providing business services. Working with some of the largest end users, service providers and outsourcers in the market, they are helping organisations to realise business efficiency through the deployment of a cloud based automation platform known as the Virtual Workforce. Due to rapid expansion they are seeking a seasoned technology sales leader to lead their sales efforts in the US and be part of driving their growth. Candidates are assured a dynamic and vibrant workplace, a receptive marketplace, great client references and traction in the US, a differentiated solution, and a world of possibilities for the future.
You will be responsible for all sales activity in North America including greenfield new business sales, existing business renewal and upsells. Our client is in major customer acquisition mode and candidates should expect the role to be new business biased for the foreseeable future. You will inherit a team of 8 across inside and outside sales in 2 locations – NYC and Austin, Texas and grow that team to meet aggressive business goals . Currently the teams are end-to-end sellers who farm what they hunt. There is BDR support provided by a centralized global team that is not within the scope of this role.
This is a lead-from-the-front position with significant emphasis on being out in the field with the sales teams. Given this, and the dual office location, travel will be an integral part of the role.
Day To Day Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team the whole sales team in North America
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, marketing, operations and advertising to ensure adherence to strategy and global best practice
- Ensure the team is adequately resourced and hiring plans are in lock step with the revenue goals
- Ensure go to market is optimum for North America responsible for the operational efficiency of your team
- Continually coach, mentor and direct your team members based on strategic objectives and business priorities
- Ensure strong performance management of all team members
- Own and evolve the annual account plans
- Sales Engineering
- Field Marketing
- Ensure all team members have the very best sales / pitch decks and sales assets and that these materials are consistent globally (working with the Global Head of Marketing)
- Provide regular reporting on performance up to board level
- Ensure you are providing relevant front line market insight back into the business
- Act as key liaison with business stakeholders in respect to Commercial activities
- Bring out the very best in your team members through behaviour and performance
What We Need From You
- The desire and ambition to build something of true scale
- 20+ years commercial experience with a significant proportion of that time in management
- Experience of building and scaling large teams
- Deep rooted understanding of solution selling with technologies that serve both business and technology chain of commands.
- Highly process orientated
- A willingness for domestic and international travel
- Inspiring, respected
- Experience and love of data, and you enjoy finding powerful stories from the numbers you analyze. Strong desire to coach, mentor, and train.
- Impeccable communication, written and presentations skills.
- Degree educated or equivalent
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to email@example.com