Area Vice President, New Accounts – E-commerce Channel Optimization (ECO) Platform
Our client helps brands accelerate their e-commerce growth with machine learning and artificial intelligence. They are building the world’s most sophisticated ecommerce Channel Optimization platform which orchestrates and automates the decision making process across the entire e-commerce operational chain – advertising, demand planning, sales forecasting.
The company is in hyper growth mode, having just raised their Series C and ended their second year of triple-digit revenue growth, accomplished not only by landing new customers, but as a result of expanding our client’s offering to manage ad spend across retail platforms like Walmart and Target in addition to Amazon.
Our client is currently seeking a strong AVP of Sales to lead their New Accounts team. You will be responsible for driving net new revenue, developing and mentoring a high performing team of Account Executives, and working cross-functionally with various stakeholders to establish and maintain solid client relationships and exceed sales targets.
You’ll gain a deep understanding of our client’s product solutions and how their eCommerce optimization platform supports industry leaders to grow online sales by leveraging the power of insights and automation. In this leadership position you will be joining a team that is achieving 100%+ yr/yr growth while solidifying the preeminent position in the category that they are creating!
A background in enterprise B2B SaaS and expertise with value-based selling techniques and methodologies is required. This role will report into our client’s Vice President, Sales and lead their New Accounts team.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible acquiring new logos with a land and expand strategy
- Build a high performing enterprise Key Accounts sales team that meets/exceeds established quotas.
- Ensure Sr Account Executives are hunting for new opportunities within our client’s target base and employ a proven sales process that builds business value, evangelizes their platform, and drives up-sell
- Develop and codify the sales process (collateral, technical resources, return on investment calculator, references, etc.) and develop metrics to drive the performance of the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop account plans that optimize revenue and retention opportunities
- Develop a metrics-based approach to collect data to determine the true probability of delivering on commitment.
- Develop the processes and materials to onboard and train new sales executives to keep up with the company’s fast-growth
- 7+ years of enterprise value-based selling and 4+ years of senior sales leadership experience building and leading exceptional sales teams that consistently meet/exceed sales targets
- Proven track record of working with Global Enterprise accounts and expanding the footprint and use cases that drive customer value and revenue growth, SaaS experience preferred
- Proven success working in a fast paced, high growth start-up
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing a sales forecast that is timely and accurate
- Experience recruiting and enabling exceptional sales professionals who consistently deliver results
- Track record of selling big ($1M+ ACV) deals.
- Experience selling to business units.
- Experience using data to make decisions that optimize revenue generation
- Proven track record of hiring enterprise accounts executives and putting them in the best position to be successful
- Experience partnering effectively with peer teams across sales engineering and operations, marketing, customer success, and product
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a hyper-growth environment
- Domain experience – selling to Ecommerce/CPG
- Early stage stock options
- Generous holiday and time off policy including unlimited PTO
- Last Friday of every month off for the whole company
- No meetings on Friday afternoons
- WFH benefits including, flex work from home hours, mobile and broadband reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement, home office set-up fees
- 401K plan, FSA and HSA programs
- Health insurance, Life Insurance, Long-term, and short-term disability
Our Client’s Values:
- Customer Obsession
- Take Ownership & Deliver Results
- Bias for Action
- Dive Deep
- Curiosity & Self-Learning
- Hire & Develop the Best
- Win as a Team
- Think Big, Take Bets, and Innovate
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org