Director of SaaS Sales – SaaS Data Platform
Our client’s solution is a SaaS data platform with the world’s largest database on food and personal care product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals and materials assessed, our client helps leading brands, retailers and restaurants improve their environmental and social impact. Through in-depth, ingredient-level insights into factors ranging from greenhouse gas emissions to animal welfare to labor risk, their data powers strategic decision-making for the sourcing, manufacturing, merchandising, and marketing of sustainable products.
About the Role:
The company is currently seeking an enthusiastic and tenacious SaaS sales director (individual contributor) to drive growth of their Sustainability Intelligence platform. Focus will be on signing new brand, retailer, and supplier accounts in the food & beverage industry, with the opportunity to expand into other verticals.
- 95+% of all sales meetings result in another meeting or a closed sale; this includes supporting other Innovation & Sales team members with customer insights, innovation, and meeting preparation
- Enhanced connectivity between our client’s customers, generating a network effect of sustainability transformation across the world’s food & agriculture system.
- 1+ deal closed per month
- Predictable revenue and accurate forecasting
- You’ll feel fulfilled with a sense of accomplishment that you’ve made an impact on improving the earth’s food supply.
- You’re a natural at sales presentations to prospects at all levels. You spend the time researching a prospect and will effectively convey how our client’s platform can deliver value in terms of sales lift, carbon emission reduction and improvements in ESG goals.
- You know how to generate your own leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as leveraging SDR, Marketing and PR activities of our client.
- You’ve had experience in SaaS sales and know how to rock a quota, closing $100k+ deals.
- Entrepreneurial, self-managing, strong bias for action.
- Excellent capabilities with Office & GSuite; Experience with CRM (Salesforce), forecasting, Slack & project management.
- Collaborative & proactively communicative, you can quickly & clearly develop written & visual presentations.
- Persistent & patient, with strong but flexible attention to detail.
- Open, excellent listener, and enthusiastic! Desire and confidence to rapidly learn & act on new information and new ways of working in a fast growing organization.
- Background in sustainability, agriculture, or food & beverage/CPG/retail industries.
Nice to have…
- Thought-leadership (and public speaking) in agriculture, sustainability, product development, supply systems, innovation, transparency, biodiversity, labor risk, or nutrition.
- Capacity for big-picture strategic thinking and customer-oriented innovation.
- Identify trends within the market and help be a changemaker. Relay ideas back to the sales and product teams to further inform product roadmap.
You must be passionate about creating a positive impact in the world, and excited to learn about agriculture, sustainability, and transforming the global food system.
Competitive benefits package available, with salary ranging from $80-110k commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org