Director of Sales, SMB and Emerging Brands – Extended Warranties as a Service / Product Protection Technology
Our client is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service.
Their API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant’s end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
The company is a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits.
Our client’s growth has been unprecedented and shows no signs of stopping. They need a revenue leader like you to help ensure that they can scale fast enough to support the massive opportunity for their products and services in the marketplace. Your primary focus is to plan, manage and develop a team of outside direct account executives and lead them to win new business. Reporting to the SVP of North America Sales, you will own your segment. You’ll implement a comprehensive strategy that maximizes our client’s opportunities to deliver their API first solution to emerging and high growth product companies across North America.
- Develop and execute strategic plans utilizing resources from various marketing and business development teams to maximize revenue.
- Conduct sales forecasts, territory planning, demand generation and coach your account executives through the development of deal strategy.
- Set standards and practices for your teams around process, the utilization of best practice tools (e.g. Salesforce, Gong, Outreach, etc.), and effective relationship building.
- Provide coaching, performance management, and career development of staff. This Includes hiring to foster our client’s growth with the support of a first-class internal recruiting team.
- Coach your teams to conduct high-quality discovery sessions, identify key value drivers, and create compelling business cases.
- At least 3-5 years experience building, managing and owning the revenue goals for a team of direct outside account executives at a SaaS, consulting, or technology company
- Ability to lead a sales team in all areas of the sales cycle. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to negotiate price, concessions, and terms and conditions
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conflict resolution abilities. Our client needs someone who is data-driven but recognizes that people and relationships always come first
- Experience communicating to strategic and executive stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Ability to perform in a high growth environment with dynamic job responsibilities and a constantly expanding scope of responsibilities
Nice to Have:
- 5 years working directly with customers and prospects selling the value of complex technology solutions or programs to Retailers and/or Branded Manufacturers
- Experience working directly with or selling to the business process owners of common B2C Retail & Commerce platforms (e.g. Shopify, NetSuite, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, etc.)
- Familiarity with API first platforms, fintech, or insurtech solutions
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org