Director, Sales Engineering – Big Data platform (infrastructure risk)
Our client’s mission is to make communities more resilient. They do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities across the country. They are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data nerds who obsess over problem solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in their communities.
Our client is looking for a passionate, self-motivated Technical Sales professional to join their team. The Director of Sales Engineering will work hand-in-hand with sales teams as a subject matter expert to differentiate our client’s solution to prospective customers. You will leverage your excellent business and technical communication skills to help customers understand the value of the company’s platform – explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
- Engage with senior business and technical decision makers to understand business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of our client.
- Understand key technical objections and develop strategies to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth subject matter expertise to support the technical relationship with prospective customers, including product and solution briefings and proof-of-concept work.
- Partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and support product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices.
- Deliver customized pre-sales technical presentation and product demonstrations to customers; Own and lead RFP responses that drive new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a solutions architect, technical consultant, or technical sales engineer is required.
- 5+ years of client facing technical experience is required.
- Implementation experience with SaaS platform, especially cloud-based, high-performance solutions.
- Experience delivering technical pitches to executive audiences; Demonstrated consulting skills and an ability to present complex development topics to both business executives and technical audiences
- Proven track record of facilitating customer design sessions for complex application solution architectures,
- Ability to coordinate technical team resources by identifying necessary team member skills required, assemble as appropriate, and orchestrate customer engagement technical strategy.
- Strong desire to make a difference in a small team.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management as it relates to enterprise SaaS implementations and integrations.
- Experience with high performance server technology and large volume data analytics.
- Experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective SOWs that clearly set expectations and limit risk.
- Experience answering cyber security and regulatory compliance questions and demonstrated ability to address client privacy and information security concerns.
Our Client Offers
- Mission Driven – Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, our client seeks to make communities safer and more resilient.
- Top Compensation – Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage – 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Health Perks – Wellness reimbursement and citibike membership.
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Remote work monthly stipend
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org