Head of Business Development – Social Impact e-commerce Platform
Our client is on a mission to shift $10B from brands to nonprofits by creating what loyalty would look like if it were designed for today’s customers. In the last year, they’ve funded 4M+ meals for food-insecure communities, the prevention of 1M+ lbs of CO2, and more.
Across their network of 90+ mission-driven brands like Instacart, Roots Canada, and Parade, they let you make ~1% of every purchase go to a high-impact nonprofit you choose from a curated set reflecting what the brand stands for–at no extra cost.
As customers see how their dollars are going towards goals, like funding the removal of 10K lbs of plastic from the ocean, our client builds emotional buy-in. They lift average order value by 15% and convert 30% more customers to make a second purchase within 90 days–far outperforming traditional loyalty, especially with millennials and Gen Z.
Our client’s work to help people turn their spending power into tangible impact every day has been recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30 for Social Impact, SXSW, Cannes Lions, and more.
About the role:
The Head of Business Development will play a key role in expanding our client’s network of mission-driven brands leading the way in their respective categories as they grow from a team of <10 to >50 this year.
As with any fast-growing, early-stage team, responsibilities are likely to evolve. The Head of Business Development can expect to work closely with 3-4 other members of our client’s growing BD team, Chief of Staff, and CEO to:
- Build and lead the Business Development team
- Set targets and strategy
- Own the optimization of our client’s existing Business Development playbook, especially by vertical
- Coach Business Development Leads in obstacle removal and salescycle acceleration
- Cultivate and close new partner relationships
- Identify and cultivate creative channel partnerships to tap into networks of like-minded brands
- Establish foundational processes for the growing Business Development team
- Refine pricing strategy as our client scales
- Pitch and test new verticals
- Synthesize partner requests into potential new features, and with our client’s Product and Partner Success teams to add requested new features to their product roadmap
This is a client-facing role for someone who wants to join a company on a path to major scale while creating tremendous social good. The ideal candidate is analytical, tenacious, energetic, driven by impact, and loves a challenge. They excel at written and in-person story-telling, extracting insights from data, and team-building.
- 5-7 years of experience in Sales / Business Development at a high-growth SaaS company, including at least 2 with management experience
- Experience in a SaaS company selling to marketing leadership
- Experience in ecomm enablement
- Unlimited PTO with a required minimum of at least 2 weeks off per year
- Flexible work from home policy
- Competitive salary
- Significant company stock options
- Partial 401k match
- Healthcare, vision, dental fully covered
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- $100 / month in wellbeing stipend to be used at your discretion (e.g., gym membership, mental health resources like yoga classes & meditation app subscriptions)
- $750 / year in professional development (e.g., conferences, courses, books)
- Option to work in our client’s NYC HQ with sunlight, plants, drinks, snacks, music and energy
- Regular team events and volunteering
- Regular on-sites every 4-6 months for the entire team to come together for team-building in NYC
- $1,000 referral bonuses for every new member of the growing team that you send our client’s way
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to email@example.com