Manager of Account Management – Web Presence Optimization
Our client is passionate about helping companies help their customers. Some of the world’s top brands use their software and services to create and optimize content so that it gets found online. They’re headquartered in NYC, and have been named Crain’s “Best Place to Work” 7 years running.
Manager, Account Management
Our client is seeking a superb communicator with a strategic mindset to join their team as a Manager, Account Management. As a growth leader you will be managing a team of Account Managers selling Our client’s product and services to their current customer base. They are looking for a proven growth leader with great energy, leadership, and initiative to drive team performance and sales. You will formulate and execute a strategy to maximize business growth. This role works in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Pre-Sales, Services, and Account Success; their cross-company engagement and orchestration is essential. The candidate will be a high impact individual capable of driving outstanding business results and first-class employee development. The Manager, Account Management is fully responsible for developing and managing the team to generate revenue and achieve organization quotas. Aligning to the sales strategy, the Manager defines and implements plans for the assigned accounts to achieve sales growth objectives.
- In collaboration with Sales & Customer Success Leadership, execute the overall growth and support the commercial retention strategies for all Our client’s customers.
- Creates a high performance work environment by communicating job expectations, establishing and monitoring metrics, and appraising staff results.
- Provide support and guidance to direct reports by participating and leading in customer meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Development of a winning team, including recruiting, hiring and training
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive growth & sales wins
- Accurate reporting on growth and sales activity and forecasting to senior Sales Leadership
- Actively contribute and monitor growth demand generation activities
- Lead initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement
- Develop and execute successful growth sales campaigns
- Engage at C-level in enterprise customer organizations
- Capable of successfully managing significant client escalations and issues
- Develop required Corporate relationships and Executive engagement to support success
- Ensure achievement of corporate goals for customer growth by acting as point of escalation in handling high priority customer service issues, contractual negotiations and outstanding account receivables.
- Establish and maintain a customer-centric work environment by enforcing high quality customer service standards.
- BS/BA degree desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in an Account Management or Sales role.
- 2+ years of relevant experience managing people associated with management of client relationships and / or Sales highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing and growing client relationships either on a primary or secondary basis.
- Success as a relationship builder and collaborator with amazing verbal and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of the SEO software space preferred, but not necessary. Tech savvy, and the ability “talk the talk” about web-based technologies.
- Proficiency in the use of related software and computer tools.
- Ability to travel (10%+) to meet clients in order to support Account Reviews and on site efforts to ensure client adoption and use of our client’s platform.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and challenge an account management team.
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability. Must possess the ability to work seamlessly in a team oriented environment.
- Driven and passionate about leading, mentoring and developing teams.
- Collaborative and results-oriented in a way that drives change and results across multiple departments with the customer experience always in mind.
- Demonstrated expertise in retention strategies, techniques, processes and measurements preferred.
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to email@example.com