Product Manager – Big Data platform (infrastructure risk)
Our client’s mission is to create safer and more resilient communities using AI. They are passionate about taking data about our changing world – from climate, to urbanization, to infrastructure risk – and harnessing it to allow utilities and infrastructure operators to predict and prevent threats and meaningfully reduce field risk. They are a tight-knit team of coders, data scientists, infrastructure experts, entrepreneurs, and creatives working together to create and deliver cutting-edge technology to deliver insights that keep people safe.
Product Managers empathize with customer problems and the needs of stakeholders, then build software to deliver value as quickly as possible. Our client is at the heart of their cross-functional teams, and work closely with creative engineers, designers, strategists, and marketers to help design, develop, and ship technologies to make communities safer and more resilient.
- Lead a cross-functional team of Engineers, Designers, and Data Scientists across the full product lifecycle: from solution discovery, through delivery, to launch and beyond.
- Define and maintain the product roadmap and strategy. Prioritize solutions, coordinate the release plans with product owners and engineering, and clearly communicate them to drive alignment.
- Discover solutions and validate them quickly using experiments and prototypes.
- Describe your solutions effectively through a combination of wireframes, user stories, and clear acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with Product Strategists and Designers to translate the product vision into shippable solutions
- Assist Product Marketers and Sales Managers to position and message your products.
- Build impactful customer relationships and be the voice of the customer within your team, helping provide context, empathy and rationale behind customer needs.
- Represent our client and evangelize their products and capabilities in meetings with customers and at industry events.
- Create and foster a work environment where people with different ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued, utilized, and welcomed.
- As Product Managers achieve more senior levels within the organization, they are expected to take on larger challenges and handle them with increased autonomy.
- 4+ years experience successfully performing this role’s responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with public utilities (gas, electric, cable, telcom) a bonus.
- Product experience building and shipping software, especially B2B / Enterprise SaaS.
- Familiarity with AI, machine learning, or statistics, and a comfort implementing those topics in technology solutions.
- Experience building data integrations and working with GIS systems.
- Personable, empathetic, and excellent at building strong relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders from across the business.
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org