Vice President of Sales, Mid-Market – Extended Warranties as a Service / Product Protection Technology
Our client is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service.
Their API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant’s end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
The company is a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits.
Our client’s growth has been unprecedented and shows no signs of stopping. They need a revenue leader like you to help ensure that they can scale fast enough to support the massive opportunity for their products and services in the marketplace. Your primary focus is to plan, manage and develop a team of outside direct account executives and lead them to win new business. Within just one to two quarters, you will need to hire front-line managers to support your rapidly growing team. Reporting to the SVP of North America Sales, you will own your segment of accounts under $250M in warrantable sales (over 1,000 accounts and growing). You’ll implement a comprehensive strategy that maximizes our client’s opportunities to deliver our API first solution to emerging and high growth product companies across North America.
- Develop and execute strategic plans utilizing resources ranging from revenue operations, product marketing, lead generation, sales development and business development teams to maximize revenue and exceed quarterly business goals
- Conduct sales forecasts, territory planning, account distribution, TAM expansion, and lead generation tactics to maximize GTM efforts
- Set standards and practices for your teams around process, the utilization of best practice tools (e.g. Salesforce, Gong, Outreach, etc.) and effective relationship building
- Provide coaching, performance management, and career development to your staff. This includes hiring to foster our client’s growth with the support of a first class internal recruiting team
- Coach your teams to conduct high quality discovery sessions, identify key value drivers, and create compelling business cases
- Compete and win deals
- At least 7 years experience building, managing, and owning the revenue goals and outcomes for a team of direct inside and outside account executives, and their managers, at a SaaS, consulting, or technology company
- Ability to lead a sales team in all areas of the sales cycle, from discovery calls to close. Effective written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to negotiate price, concessions, terms and conditions
- Proficiency in navigating through MSA’s with favorable outcomes
- Unparallelled skill and experience in hiring, developing and enabling sales talent to represent the client’s brand with professionalism, empathy and attention to detail
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conflict resolution abilities. They need someone who is data driven, but recognizes that people and relationships always come first
- Experience communicating to strategic and executive stakeholders clearly and concisely, both internally and externally
- A technically proficient background from selling to both the business and tech functions within large brands and retailers
- Ability to perform in a high growth environment with dynamic job responsibilities and a constantly expanding scope of responsibilities
- A manager of managers with strong references
- Proven (and verifiable) track record of stringing together over achievement across many fiscal quarters
- An average of 3+ year tenure across career, i.e. no hopping around from company to company
- Experience selling to merchants, both brands and retailers
Nice To Have:
- Formal training on sales processes such as MEDDPICC, Challenger Sale, Force Management or comparable
- Both startup and large company experience
- Familiarity with API first platforms, fintech, or insurtech solutions
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to email@example.com