VP of Customer Success – Donor Management Platform
Our client offers best-in-class digital, fundraising, organizing, and advocacy tools on a single, unified CRM. We help nonprofits and national movements to save time on their day-to-day operations so that they can maximize their impact. The insights they gained from this experience, combined with a top-notch in-house technology team, have allowed our client to build tools that have helped thousands of clients – both large and small – raise billions of dollars, send billions of emails, and recruit millions of new supporters.
Given our client’s business model, Customer Success is absolutely vital to the company’s long-term profitability. Our client will not be successful unless their customers are receiving massive value from their service. As such, we need a senior executive to own driving success for our client’s customers. This role includes responsibilities for Customer Success activities involving on-boarding, new product support, account services, feature adoption, client advocacy, client retention and delivering outcomes such as renewals and up-selling.
The successful candidate will be able to take direction and run with it. They will have experience with VC-backed or Growth stage firms and will have witnessed significant growth in renewal and upsell revenue as well as people in their tenure. They will bring to the table a playbook for the successful build out and ongoing operations of a true CS organization.
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes
Increase renewal rates and reduce churn, expand our client’s revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell, influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Define and Optimize Customer Lifecycle
Map customer journey and develop listening points in journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.), standardize interventions for each point in journey, define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies, identify opportunities for continuous improvement and learn from best practices in the industry.
- Manage Customer Success Activities
Customer activities include onboarding, training, professional services, customer support, customer success management, renewals, cross-sell / up-sell and customer advocacy.
- Measure Effectiveness of Customer Success
Define operational metrics for team, establish system for tracking metrics, create cadence for review within the team and expose subsets of metrics to the executive team, company and board.
- Lead a World-class Customer Success Team
Recruit experienced leaders for each functional role, attract high potential individual contributors into team, create rapid onboarding processes for new team members, foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle and encourage continuous learning within the team.
- Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology
Technology may include support systems, customer marketing software, reference and advocacy solutions and customer success management platform.
- Inspire Customer Success Across Company
Create company-wide culture of Customer Success, align with Marketing around marketing to existing clients, align with Product around driving product roadmap, align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with a retention focus, align with Finance around measurement and forecasting, align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives, drive company-wide definition of ideal customer and create company-wide customer feedback loop.
- 5+ years of experience in leading customer-facing organization
- Has a clear playbook for CS organizations in Growth stage or VC backed Saas firms
- Ideal industry background – some exposure to Marketing or Sales technology platforms
- Some exposure to Not-for-profit vertical appreciated but not required.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
Please fill out the form below or email your resume to email@example.com